Before you submit, please review our detailed submissions guidelines.
We have special requirements for submission anonymity and for story content. Please submit all materials for your work inside a *.zip file, and remove any identifying information from file names and content.
Submissions that do not follow our guidelines will not be read.
October 3rd, 2018 update
All submissions should now be made to the General category. Please indicate on the submission form what type of submission you are making.
What is subQjam?
#subQjam is a jam about making short interactive story games- fiction, art, or poetry that is enhanced by or can only be presented through interactivity. The subject for this jam is LOVE in all its raw unfettered glory.
Submissions to this form are for proposals for interactive story games, consisting of completed prose or art and a detailed interactivity proposal.
If you would like to submit a completed piece of IF, we encourage you to do so via the official subQjam page on itch.io at https://itch.io/jam/subqjam.
Rules for Submission
- Proposal submissions should be limited to 1000 words of prose presented before the reader or 9 panels of sequential art.
- Proposal submissions must also include a detailed proposal for interactivity. Basically, tell us how your story game would be turned from a proposal into a completed thing! Our guide to interactivity proposals is available on our website at https://sub-q.com/interactive-fiction-proposals/
- Although entries should clearly meet the theme, all interpretations of "love," whether they be platonic, romantic, filial, friendly, anthropomorphized versions involving esoteric relationships with abstract concepts, bromantic, etcetera. Non-heteronormative and aro/ace interpretations of our theme are especially welcome!
- To be eligible for publication, your piece must not contain torture; gore; revenge fantasy; ableism, racism, sexism, or any other kind of discriminatory content; excessive sex, violence, or profanity; stories which glorify, minimize, or inaccurately represent child abuse, animal abuse, or sexual assault; fan fiction; or erotica.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished original works.